Helping Tour Operators & Travel Agents Sell Malawi
The Malawi Travel Marketing Consortium is committed to a variety of activities aimed to assist tour operators and travel agents in selling Malawi to their clients. Some of these are detailed below. Please make sure you are on our databases and making the most of these initiatives to raise awareness of, and demand for Malawi; and please do contact us if there’s anything else we can do for you.
All the resources an international Tour Operator or Travel Agent needs to brochure and sell Malawi are now readily available www.malawiresources.com. Our resources include rates and information on over 60 accommodation providers, transport providers and tours and safari ground handlers. Perhaps most valuable is our comprehensive image library. Tour Operators can download all the resources in one go, or just visit the site and view / download whatever they want as they need it.
- To get started click on ‘Access Resources Now’ on the right hand side.
Website & News
Our top ranked website www.malawitourism.com is THE source of information for tourists looking to visit Malawi. It has a range of accommodation options, general information and travel advice. Ranked only second to wikipedia on google the site attracts thousands of unique visitors every month. The website also includes lists of international operators selling Malawi, so driving clients directly to you.
- If you aren’t on those lists but should be, let us know and we’ll add you immediately: Click here to check.
- Promote your own company on our site: We’re looking for blogs and news to go up on our site, and are very happy to receive contributions from operators who sell the country. If you have a Malawi–focused news item (perhaps a new Malawi tour being launched), or a blog post about Malawi (perhaps some feedback form a client or staff member who has visited), we’ll be happy to post them on our site. (And you are more than welcome to include a byline and a link to your company website). They will also be highlighted on our social media channels and included in our Newsletters, sent by email to a few thousand subscribers every month. Use this links to see past news & blogs and to send us a contribution please click here.
We send out a digital Malawi tourist information packs to all public enquiries we receive.
- If you can create a Malawi-focused digital flyer, we can add that to our digital info packs.
- Please do take a look at our feeds and Like, Follow and Share!
- If you tag us in to any status updates or tweets about Malawi, we’ll be happy to share those with our followers. (Don’t forget that the Trade Resources above are full of great collateral that you can use for posts as well as website updates)
- Credit for Content: We are always on the look out for as much varied, strong Malawi content as we can for our posts. If you have any really good images or videos from Malawi that you are happy to share with us, please send them over and we’ll give due credit when using them.
MTMC is hosting more and more international journalists to gain increased editorial coverage of the country, and so increase demand. Full, multi-page features have appeared recently in such publications as Wanderlust, Travel Africa, The Independent, The Guardian, etc.
- If you would like to sponsor a journalist and get coverage in their articles in return, let us know. We’re also interested to hear from you if you have journalists you work with who might be interested in a Malawi visit.
MTMC organises regular educational visits for tour operators and travel agents.
- Watch out for emails about our organised group trips, but if you can’t make those, just let us know if you are planning a trip to the region at any time, and we can make arrangements to include a few days in Malawi in your trip.
Malawi has stands at a number of annual travel shows around the world, raising awareness in, and demand for Malawi.
- At trade shows, make sure you have an appointment with us to get the latest updates on Malawi. At consumer shows, if you are selling Malawi, make sure your details are on the lists of Operators Selling Malawi that we distribute (inclusion is free)
- Let us know if you would like a full presentation on what Malawi has to offer you and your clients and we’ll be pleased to visit you in your offices (currently UK only).
A set of digital presentations is also available in this folder.